Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My "Fall" post...





.... is SQUIRRELS! I was doing my Leo word list outside in the sunshine the other day and I was watching our dog Waffle tear around the yard chasing after the squirrels. Fall is her favorite time of year, she can't get enough of the chase. Never mind that the squirrels are at least 15 feet above the ground in our trees or rushing along the top of our fence, she chases them for all she's worth. Has to be that terrier blood. So after trying many other generic ideas for "Fall" (and having already done a Halloween plush, so that was out) I kept coming back to squirrels, and design ideas were soon filling up pages in my sketchbook. I included 2 pages of sketches so you can see the thought process, and if you want to see more squirrel pics, head on over to my flickr.
*they'll also be available in my etsy store if anyone's interested- blatant plug, sorry!*

2 comments:

Terrell Gentry said...

This is great Leeanna, I told you in an email, but wanted to post a comment here. I love that you did two, and love the patterns. very very Fall. As for me I had a job come up that needed my attention, So it looks like my post will have to wait till monday. but I will do it promise : )

Leeanna Butcher said...

Not to worry Terrell! Glad you like my squirrels, it took me awhile to pick the right color combos. Look forward to seeing your piece on Monday. :)